Important Alert for UPSC CDS 2 Appeared Candidates. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the e-admit cards for the candidates who have applied for appearing in the second Combined Defense Services Examination i.e. CDS 2 for the year 2022. The commission activated the UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2022 download link on the official website, upsconline.nic.in today, 10 August 2022. Through this link candidates can download their e-Admission till the date of examination i.e. 4th September 2022.
In the UPSC CDS Written Exam, candidates will be asked questions from three sections – General Knowledge, Elementary Maths, and English Language. Shortlisted candidates in the written exam will be called for SSB Interview. In this article, we have shared UPSC CDS 1 2022 Best 7 Last-Minute Tips, Exam Day Instructions & COVID Guidelines.
You have successfully cast your vote
Exam Pattern of UPSC CDS 2022
The UPSC CDS II 2022 Selection Process comprises two stages:
(i) Written Examination
(ii) Interview for Intelligence and Personality Test
Admission to the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) will be made on the results of the written examination followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
UPSC CDS II 2022 Written Exam: Best 5 Important Tips for candidates
1. Revise through the syllabus, exam pattern, cut-offs
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus, exam pattern, cut-off, previous years question paper, important topics and other important exam guidelines to prepare for the exam. The question papers of all subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (test booklet) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as in English.
2. Check Topic-wise Preparation Strategies
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and usage of working words. The standard of papers of elementary mathematics will be of matriculation level. The question paper will be designed to test the problem-solving skills of the candidates and to test the general knowledge, which includes knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects.
3. Do not take up new topics
Candidates must take this time to consolidate speed and accuracy. Expand your solving skills by developing effective tricks to solve quickly and accurately. Candidates will have only 2 hours for the English language section.
4. Eat good mood-lifting food, get good sleep & keep calm
Take rest and recharge yourself in between your preparation routine. Stick to the weekly study plan and give yourself enough credit and believe in your skills. Eat healthy food, sleep well every night, stay away from any stressful environment, meditate and stay calm.
5. Recommended book List for English Language, Elementary Mathematics, General Knowledge –
UPSC CDS II 2022 Written Exam Day Instructions & COVID Guidelines
- Candidate is required to report at the exam venue strictly as per the time slot mentioned in the Call Letter AND/OR informed via SMS/Mail on their registered mobile number/mail prior to the exam date
- Candidates need to adhere strictly to the list of items permitted in the exam venue. All Candidates must strictly follow the social distancing mode of conduct during the exam
- Items strictly not allowed are Mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc.
- Candidates should install the Aarogya Setu app on mobile reflecting their risk factors. A candidate will have to display this status to the Security Guard at the entry into the exam venue. In case a candidate does not have a smartphone, he/she will have to bring in a signed declaration to this effect (declaration is provided along with this Call Letter) and show the same to the Security Guard at the entry into the exam venue.
- Candidates should not share any of their personal belongings/material with anyone to maintain a safe distance.
- If a candidate is availing the scribe, then the scribe also should bring their own Gloves, N95 Mask, sanitizer (50ml), and water bottle. Wearing a mask is compulsory. Both candidate and Scribe will require to be wearing N95 Mask.
- All candidates will be checked with Thermo guns at the entry point for temperature. In case, any person is observed to be having above-normal temperature (> 99.14° F) or displaying any symptoms of the virus, they will not be allowed entry into the venue.